Sugar Beans with Marinated Minced Meat (30 Jun 12)





Homemade Marinated Minced Meat 

The first question both my mother-in-law & hubby asked me when they saw this dish - what is the black black ingredients? Was it black bean sauce? What a coincidence.. Haha.. 

I didn't use any ready-made sauce. It is a homemade sauce. I marinated the minced pork & stir-fry it with shiiitake mushroom cubes. I just added some 调味料 based on agaration to get the salty taste I wanted. As the sugar beans are sweet, they go very well with the salty homemade sauce.

Happy that both of them like this dish. But I told them to enjoy this dish today as I won't be able to make the same sauce with the same taste again since I prepared the sauce based on agaration ;p

However, I think I still need improvement on the sugar beans presentation. The texture is okay, still crunchy but I find that I couldn't get the juicy look on the beans. Maybe I should boil them with water & quickly stir-fried them for seconds with the sauce instead of stir-frying them in hot oil. Yes, I think it should be this way. Vegetables when boiled in water will look nicer. Shall try this method next time ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...